Wednesday 30 June 2010

Chica Boutique in East London

 I've been hanging around in East London these last two days and I can't believe that I hadn't done that earlier! It's full of quirky little boutiques that lure you in with their tempting displays.  While strolling down Spitalfield, I spotted a pretty little shop with pink wallpaper and several mannequins wearing beautiful maxi dresses outside. As I walked in, I felt like I have just discovered Aladdin's cave! The shabby-chic interiors are filled with books with titles (something) like "1000 things a woman needs to know" with instructions on how to change a tyre or throw a ball (complete with illustrations for the particularly bright individuals) and 1001 ways to be fashionable. There are also cute accessories like jewellery, umbrellas and vintage-inspired crockery but that's not what made me fall in love with this place.  There they were, dresses the colour of summer cocktails, hanging against the kitsch pink wallpaper; pretty cocktail dresses embellished with beads, sequins and what looked like semi-precious stones. There is something Matthew Williamson about them, actually. I was running late to a meeting today, which is why I couldn't stay and try things on, but I think I'll be returning to the shop while on a hunt for a graduation dress.  The images below have been lifted from the boutique's website which you can visit by clicking here.  Happy browsing!

Miaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment