Sunday 31 January 2010

I heart polka dots!

I found the most adorable pieces from Emporio Armani S/S 10 and Josh Goot! It's so exciting to see that some things just never go out of fashion and remain stable classics. There's something so fun and playful about polka dots and I can never get tired of them! My loving relationship with polka dots began with the video Don't Speak by No Doubt, Gwen is looking so amazing in it! I have no idea who it is by or whether it's vintage (do you know?..) but Topshop did something very similar a couple of years ago and I was stupid enough not to get it..Oh well..


Josh Goot is an Australian designer who started out in 2005 and didn't actually train as a designer but studied communication and media. He's only 7 years older than me!! To be honest, I'm not crazy about the cut of both of these pieces, the thing that really attracts me is the actual print.
The Emporio Armani collection combines neon colours, polka dots and styles that would not look out of place in an office but are not the boring pencil skirt/shirt combo. Go check it out! I usually think that Emporio Armani is too grown up for someone in their 20s and is aimed at an older woman but this collection has changed my mind. I think it's still young but very sophisticated at the same time.

Miaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment