Saturday 30 January 2010

Denim for Spring 2010

It seems to me that loads of designers have included denim in their runway shows for spring 2010. What struck me is the way it was worn. Think effortless, think 90s, think Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman (very random, I know, but that was my first association). So it was pretty predictable from labels like Stella McCartney and Chloe but Jean Paul Gaultier for his COUTURE spring '10 show? Actually I'm not quite sure if it really is denim, but it definetely looks like it so let's not get too technical. It gave me a sense of nostalgia because it really reminded me of the time when being dressed from head to toe in demin was really cool (especially if you're 8 years old, and I even had a denim hat to go with it. Note to self:find that fashionista photo to prove it =p).
Stella McCartney 2010. As with most of her collections, there's something masculine about Stella's clothes but something effortlessly chic and elegant. I think the only problem is that you have to have a very confident aura about yourself when wearing something so retro-looking or you risk being misunderstood as the person who lived in a cave for the last 15 years. I kind of like it though but think that you have to look VERY groomed in a subtle and effortless kind of way to pull it off.

Chloe Spring 2010. Baggy faded denim shirt, fully buttoned up and tucked into jeans?...I'm not so sure.


Jean Paul Gaultier Couture Spring 2010.It was surprising to see denim in a couture show to be honest but i guess the detailing and the tailoring completely justifies it. I love the shoulders, the jacket is absolutely gorgeous!

Miaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment