Wednesday 24 February 2010

Central St. Martin's MA Show

I was soooooo excited to see what the MA Fashion graduates from CSM come up with! I can only imagine what pressure they must all have felt because everyone has a certain expectation from a CSM graduate. Past alumni include Galliano, Stella McCartney, Christopher Kane, Alexander McQueen and Matthew Williamson just to name a few so basically if you graduate from St. Martin's, your career is half-made. The collection had a few interesting and original ideas, but truth must be said, I didn't like some of them. The ready-to-wear Fall 2010 collection included 207 different looks so posting all of them could potentially crash my humble little blog, so I've chosen my favorite designer, Tze Goh.


I have no idea what this designer is all about but i was amazed at the clothes that were shown. There are almost architectural, they don't look like they are made out of textile. How a textile can fall and create such perfect symmetrical creases is beyond me. What i really love is that the "less is more" theory is totally applicable in this case. The colour white is so clean and minimal that it gives the main emphasis on the actual folds, creases and volumes. It makes you look at the actual piece of clothing rather than the "look" it creates.


I think that this designer will be very big and if my prediction comes true, you read it here first!

Miaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment