Monday 20 December 2010

Jimmy Choo's first perfume


Following in the footsteps of all luxury brands, Jimmy Choo will be launching its first fragrance that will be available in February 2011.  The campaign features Tamara Mellon herself, who describes the fragrance as "feminine yet empowering, with a lot of sensuality to it".  With notes of pear nectar, Italian orange, tiger orchid and Indonesian patchouli, this liquid fabulousness seems to be too sweet for my taste.  However, as I have mentioned before, I'm the type who gets attracted to the bottle before I even get to smell the perfume and in this case I think the brand philosophy has been seamlessly translated into the packaging with its allusion to exotic animal skin.  Tamara Mellon said that the bottle was inspired my Murano glass and the first thing that came into my mind was work by Rony Plesl available from Vessel Gallery in Notting Hill, London.  Plesl's Uovo Termit vase makes you want to look closer into the vessel to experience its optical illusion and feel its texture. I'm sure more craftsmanship has been put into Plesl's artwork though.  Anyhow, I'm looking forward to smelling the Jimmy Choo perfume, which by the way is very creatively called "Jimmy Choo".
Lifted from vesselgallery.com

PS. Hating the snow, stay warm darlings.

Miaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment