Tuesday 14 December 2010

Givenchy Spring 2011 Campaign

Here is a first glimpse of Givenchy's Spring 2011 campaign that is guaranteed to be the most talked about for months to come.  Givenchy's creative director Riccardo Tisci decided to stay true to his last season's unconventional choice of models (transsexual model Lea T.) and cast an albino model Stephen Thompson to front the Spring campaign alongside Daphne Groeneveld.  People who happen to be more cynical than yours truly may say that it's a clever marketing move by the fashion house, but I'd like to believe that such campaigns will change our concept of what beauty is.  I'm not going to bore you with my stance on aesthetics but the first thing that came in my mind was a song by my beloved Gwen Stefani that goes something like: "Beauty is beauty whether it's black or white, yellow or green, baby you know what I mean?  What if Picasso only used one colour?"  Expect to see the campaign in the nearest issues of Vogue.

Miaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment